Because the number of people living with diabetes is expected to almost double globally by 2035, DR and DME are projected to become an ever-increasing health problem that will exact a severe socioeconomic burden on individuals, communities, health systems, and governments around the world.
Test Module 3
To validate your answers and keep track of your progress please sign in or register a new account
1. Individuals with diabetes should have a dilated eye exam:
2. Diabetic macular edema is characterized by:
3. Despite intensive and proactive glycemic control, Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy can occur in what percentage of the diabetic population after 30 years?
4. According to the International Diabetes Foundation (IDF), what is the predicted percentage of diabetic macular edema amongst all patients with diabetes?
5. The leading cause of blindness amongst working adults in the world is?
6. Diabetic macular edema is a form of diabetic retinopathy.
7. What is the most common complication of diabetes?
8. A decrease in what percentage of glycated hemoglobin A1C can have a 25% reduced risk of diabetic retinopathy and 15% reduced risk of blindness?
9. Modifiable factors associated with diabetes include all of the following except:
10. The macula is located